Friday, June 23, 2006

Happy Hour at The Playwright in New Haven

The Playwright is right around the corner from my apartment so I go there quite a bit. I think it is a great Irish bar - the atmosphere is fantastic, and the Guiness pints are delicious. Most times I go, it's not during their happy hour, but I have been to it a few times. All in all I wasn't very impressed - $1 off drinks isnt that great and the free buffet was lacking. The regular menu food is pretty good in my opinion though, albeit slightly pricey for bar food.

Despite these comments I still really enjoy going here - it's worth the slightly higher prices for the great environment. On weekends this place is packed and a lot of fun. You can check out their daily deals here: The Playwright in New Haven Happy Hour Specials.

2 Comments:

At 6/29/2006 7:09 PM, Blogger Craig said...

Hey I also live downtown New Haven and work for a major liqour company. We should hit up some happy hours soon.

 
At 7/15/2006 5:29 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Hey - I need to get better at checking my comments - yeah totally we should hang out - anytime!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home